Monday, May 15, 2006

Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants

A cute story about friends apart for a summer and bonded through jeans they wear from a week subject to self created rules and then mail off to the next friend as they share their summer stories.

I watched the movie and decided to read the book and I loved it. Infact I'm going to buy the second one tomorrow for my trip to Brazil. But one thing concerns me. Y'all know about the Kaavya Scandal? Well you can read about it here. But apparently the ppl that helped her do what she did are the ones who are on the copyright for this book too. For example, Harry potter the copyright says only Rowlings name. Interpreater of MAladies? only Jhumpa Lahiri, but Kaavya's book had Alloy publishing next to her name....and so does this one. This concerns me because it makes me wonder if this is an authentic book or if its just a formula novel? that troubles me.

No comments: