Saturday, March 01, 2008

In Defense of Food- Michael Pollan

I read Omnivore's Dilemma and it was nothing short of a life changing experience. I kid you not. So I had to read his new book "In Defense of Food" and it was brilliant as well. In Defense takes off from where OD left off. OD discusses where our food comes from and opens our eyes to the harsh realities of processing and industrial foods. In Defense tells us what to do with that the knowledge that most of what is available for us to consume is not necessarily good for us to consume.

These two books have truly opened my eyes and given me a lightbulb moment more than any other dieting, health book ever has. I feel like a different person seeing the world with new eyes. Though I checked this book out from the library, this is the first book that I plan to actually purchase. Its a book I want as a constant reference and reminder.

No comments: