Sunday, June 14, 2009

B as in Beauty- Ferreras (Book #43)

They say don't judge a book by its cover, I also should add you must not judge a book by its title either. B as in Beauty on title alone struck me as potentially an ultra uppity perky chick lit novel, but since Tee recommended it and it arrived on my doorstep thanks to a contest I won on her site, I had the perfect incentive to pick up and read it.

This book is about a fat girl (self proclaimed) who hates herself and is losing at love and work but along the way learns what it is to be proud of who she is. She learns this in the most unlikeliest of manners but the book sucks you in that you suspend disbelief and you float along.

I love books where I can lose myself. Doing the 100 book challenge means that sometimes I feel the need to read quickly and get frustrated with too much detail. Not this book A good book makes you forget you are reading, you feel you are experiencing the tale as it unfolds. B as in Beauty did that. I know after I complete my challenge this will be a book I will certainly re-read.

No comments: