Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I'm So Happy For You- Rosenfield (Book #53)

It's been a good long while since I've read such a delightful fun and honest novel about life. I simply could not put this book down, it was unpredictable until the end. I'm So Happy For You is about the nature of friendship between women, particularly two women, Wendy and Daphne. Both have been friends for fifteen years and the novel shows how their friendship formed, and how Wendy perceives her friend. Wendy felt in a comfort zone when beautiful Daphne couldn't get her act together but then Daphne does. She meets a rich handsome guy, gets engaged and pregnant while Wendy struggles with an unemployed husband, months of futile babymaking, and a job she is less than thrilled with. The novel follows how their relationship unfolds as their lives change.

It's funny because I was just talking to a friend about how I feel Im not good at this friendship business. I've experienced so much of both what Daphne has experienced as well as Wendy. Daphne represents so many friends I've had and so does Wendy. This novel helped me reach a better understanding of the nature of friendship making me feel less alone. Rosenfield did a fantastic job capturing a powerful human relationship: female friendship.

No comments: