Saturday, January 17, 2009

Straight Man- Russo (Book #9)

When I put a book down and feel sad that its over I know that I just read a wonderful one. I should not be surprised that Russo hit it out of the park with this book since at this point I think I could read a book about him describing paint drying and find it riveting. This is a story about a professor in a mid-life crisis. That's putting it very simply. His books are character driven studies of the human psyche told with humor and charming insight into life, not sugarcoating the hard truths either. I haven't intended to read books on "the meaning of life" this year but it seems nearly every book I read has this theme lately. Maybe life is trying to teach me something. In any case, this book is beautiful and will leave me thinking for days to come.

No comments: