Monday, April 06, 2009

I'm a Stranger Here Myself- Bryson (Book #26)

This is a humorous series of articles compiled into a book about Bryson's experience of living in the US again after having spent 20 years in England. Essentially this book, published in 1999, is a blog in print. Each entry reminds me of something I would read while surfing the web. He's funny, though sometimes he gets into Andy Roony territory, whining incessantly about how things have changed too much. I know many find him hilarious, I thought he's entertaining but his exxagerations were so extreme they raised eyebrows for me. In any case, this is an interesting well written and easy to read book, it is over ten years old though so some of his observations or comments no longer apply as technology, etc have since advanced. It's a light read and I did enjoy it.

No comments: