Wednesday, May 20, 2009

He's Just Not That Into You- Behrendt (Bok #36)o

It may seem strange for me to read a book written for singles understanding men, but I had read a fiction book by the co-author Tuccillo and felt myself lost in a well written chick lit novel. Since I am of the variety who devours everything written by an author I love, I picked this book up too. This book is okay. I understood a lot of Tuccillos first novel by reading it, but the message is very simply for this book: If a guy acts vague, distracted or uninterested, or treats you bad, or cheats on you, or exhibits any other strange behaviors, he is just not that into you. That's it. The book is writte in a Q&A style with question after question with the same response: He's just not that into you.

I think there are important lessons for women to learn.... about how men's minds work but this is a black and white approach to a gray situation. Relationshps just aren't as simple as the author makes them. Still, I think a single woman would benefit from the main point: You are too fabulous to spend your days pining after someone who does not care.

No comments: